Monday 20 March 2017

A to Z 2017 Theme Reveal - Dun Dun Dun! #AtoZThemeReveal #AtoZChallenge

Dragon Diaries

elcome to my theme reveal for the Blogging from A to Z Challenge 2017:


Wittegen Press
FREE
Amazon | Other
So, what does that mean? Well, each day, I'm going to tell you about a dragon - a dragon inspired by a name that I generated randomly using a name generator. I haven't looked up the derivation of any of these names; for each one, I sat for a while, running it through my head, saying it out loud, thinking about any cultural connotations the shape of the name gave me. I thought about how they made me feel, their sound on the tongue, and then I decided who each dragon was.

Each day, I'm going to tell you all about my Dragon of the Day, and share a flash fic about their lives. Any genre, any character, any look - prepare to be surprised and (I hope) entertained by my dragonly inspirations :).

Good luck to everyone else doing the A to Z Challenge this year, I look forward to checking out the daily posts.


~

For information about Sophie's books, sign up for The Wittegen Press Newsletter:

We'll send you details of book releases, competitions and other news from our authors, BUT we WON'T spam you, or pass your details on to anyone else.
Wittegen Press

We will also give you 2 FREE ebooks just for signing up.

* indicates required

40 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie - good luck and enjoy those Dragon Diaries ... I'm sure I'll be around- cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilary. Are you joining in this year?

      Delete
  2. Well, who can resist a dragon? ;-)

    @JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter - Theme Reveal - 1940s Film Noir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I certainly couldn't resist a dragon ;)

      And your theme sounds so cool.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Great! :) I am looking forward to reading your recipes as well.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try again! Intriguing theme - good luck with the challenge.

    The Quiet Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and good luck to you as well - I love cathedrals and abbeys, so I'll be reading with interest.

      Delete
  6. What a fun theme! I'm looking forward to meeting your dragons. :)

    Theme Reveal: Magical and Medicinal Herbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I look forward to learning about your herbs :)

      Delete
  7. Woo dragons! I look forward to your posts.
    Discarded Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping dragons would be popular, I certainly like them - see you on the A to Z. :)

      Delete
  8. Cool topic this year. Looking forward to reading the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun theme this year! I'll have to share this one with my cousin - she's been having dreams about dragons lately.

    ~Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, and I hope your cousin likes it too :) I look forward to learning about the music of the 70's from you.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm looking forward to those poisonous eyebrows as well :)

      Delete
  11. What a fun and fascinating theme - can't wait to see what you've come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope folks will find my dragons fun :)

      Delete
  12. This sounds like great background material for a Dungeons & Dragons game...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There may be a few dungeons in there as well! ;P

      Delete
  13. I love dragons, wouldn't miss it for the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're one of my favourites as well :) Thanks for popping by.

      Delete
  14. Dragons are almost as cool as horses - well they're hotter than normal steeds anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like horses, and they have the advantage if being real, but you can't beat a dragon for the height of cool! ;P

      Delete
  15. I love dragons! My #1 dragon will always be Mr. Dragon from the classic Mac game The Manhole, which just isn't the same in its updated version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never played that game - it's good to have a favourite dragon, but I don't know if I can choose. I've both read and written dragons, the ones I've written are like old friends, I rather like Miri from Bonds of Fire, and the one's I've read or watched stick with me - of course there's Smaug from The Hobbit, and Idris, the Welsh Dragon and his family from Ivor the Engine.

      Delete
  16. This sounds fun! I look forward to meeting your dragons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) I hope you find my winged beasts entertaining.

      Delete
  17. That is going to be a fun theme. Can't wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I hope you enjoy them, and I look forward to reading your posts as well.

      Delete
  18. Intriguing and interesting theme - looking forward to reading. Enjoy April.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a super creative theme. I'm excited to read. Good luck for the A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yours is a challenging theme, good luck!

      Delete
  20. This is an amazing theme and I'm looking forward to reading all the posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear from you. :)